TL;DR not included
Today we have a new cool version for you guys! We wanted to release it one hour ago, but then we took an arrow to the knee…
Here’s what we have for you this time:
1) We got the idea about the TeamSpeak 64bit support. You really wanted that one… so – we are starting with support for in-game notifications and the rest of the features are cooking in the oven.
2) FUS RO DAH! We now support Skyrim and many other new games… (Overwolf full supported games list):
- The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
- Sonic Generations
- Silkroad-R (Pre release support!)
- Star Wars Battlefront 2
- Global Agenda (Added XP support)
- Unreal Tournament 3
- Kane & Lynch 2: Dog Days
- Lead and Gold: Gangs of the Wild West
- Pacific Storm: Allies
- CrimeCraft GangWars (Support improvements)
- Perfect world international (Support improvements)
- Civilization IV: Beyond the Sword (Support improvements)
- Black Prophecy (Added XP support, Support improvements)
- S.T.A.L.K.E.R. – Shadow of Chernobyl (Support improvements)
- A.R.E.S.: Extinction Agenda (Support improvements)
3) As usual, we also have some bug fixes and performance improvements.
Asaf Livne, Community Manager at Overwolf.
Today… is a very special day. We’ve got a brand new uber version for you guys! You’re going to explode with its ubernace…
So, check this out:
1) TeamSpeak 3 Widget – The wait is over! Team Overwolf is happy to announce this new amazing widget. Take your gaming experience one step forward with in-game TeamSpeak 3:
- Full TeamSpeak 3 Interface: The full TS3 interface is now available right from within your game. No more alt-tabbing just to switch to a different channel…
- In-game Notifications: The era of “Who’s talking?” and “Who just entered?” has come to an end. You can now see who is talking and who has entered or left your channel with our cool in-game notifications.
- More cool TeamSpeak features are coming soon!
Click on the picture in order to zoom-in.
2) Tons of new supported games! (You can find the Full Game List here)
- L.A Noire
- Nuclear Dawn
- CrimeCraft: GangWars
- America’s Army 3
- Zombie Driver
- Elements of War
- Heroes in the Sky
- Dead Island
- Battle Hearts (Pre release Support!)
- Fallout 3
- Fallout New Vegas
- Rusty Hearts
- Bioshock 2
- Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas
- Eden Eternal (Added XP support)
- Day of Defeat Source (Added XP support)
- Everquest 2 (Added XP support)
- Assasin Creed II (Added XP support)
- Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare (Added XP support)
- Bioshock 2 (Added XP support)
- APB: All Points Bulletin (Added XP support)
3) As usual, Bug fixes and performance improvements.
What are you still doing here? Install TeamSpeak 3 and make some noise! (in-game of course…)
Overwolf’s Community Manager.
We are back again with a very cool new update, all for you guys!
So, do you want to see what’s waiting for you today? of course you do…
1) Please meet our little kido! we call him “Chat”. This little one has grown up so we decided to take a new picture of him (In other words, our Chat window has been re-designed and it’s now lock and loaded!)
Click on the picture in order to zoom-in.
2) You now have the power to decide whether to display notifications while gaming with Overwolf! For example, you can choose to hide the notifications when someone comes online – like a boss. To configure the notifications, simply open the Settings window under Notifications.
3) More languages supported – We now support German! (currently supported only in Overwolf classic version and World of Tanks Hub version. Support for all versions coming soon).
4) Our in-game welcome notifications has stopped in the pit for improvements too! The basic controls guide is easier, and its more… well, cute.
5) You now have the option to choose if you don’t want, or do want to automatically open Overwolf Media Player after recording (Can be found under “Video” Tab in the Settings).
6) A hell-lot of new cool supported games! for games request, please talk to us via email: Team@Overwolf.com (You can find the Full Game List here):
- Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3
- DC universe Online
- Red Orchestra 2: Heroes of Stalingrad
- APB: All Points Bulletin
- Dungeon Defenders
- Empire: Total War
- Grand Theft Auto IV
- Grand Theft Auto: Episodes From Liberty City
- Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas
- Black Prophecy
- Battlefield Heroes
- Battlefield Play4Free
- Assassin’s Creed 2
- Orcs Must Die!
- Age of Empires Online
- Batman: Arkham Asylum
- Mafia 2
- Monday Night Combat
- Tom Clancy’s Rainbow Six Vegas 2
- Neverwinter Nights 2
- Crysis 2 (Now support DirectX 9)
7) Bug fixes and performance improvements.
It’s another smoking hot version straight from the oven of team Overwolf
So here’s what we have for you this time:
1) Russian language support – Yep, it’s a great day for all you Russian speaking folks, Overwolf now supports Russian language. Just open the settings window and choose your preferred language (currently supported only in Overwolf classic version and World of Tanks Hub version. Support for all versions coming soon).
2) Many great new games are now supported:
(click to see our complete list)
- Mass Effect 2
- Champions Online
- Eden Eternal
- Global Agenda
- Perfect World
- Everquest 2
- Face of Mankind
3) Improved support and bug fixes for some of your favorite games:
- Lord of the Rings Online
- Dungeon and Dragons Online
4) We’ve put Overwolf on a major “Resources Diet”, and dramatically cut down on the memory used for Skype, MSN and Steam widgets. Now you have extra juice for your game. Who loves ya??
We have a new version release today. I assume that you guys want to know more, right?
So this is what we have for you:
1) New games supported (You can find the Full Game List here):
- Back to the Future: The Game: Episode 1
- Warhammer Online: Age of Reckoning
- Grand Chase
- Magic: The Gathering – Duels of the Planeswalkers 2012
2) Bugs fixes and performance improvements.
Also, we have a new way for you to get updated, even in-game. How? simply join our Steam Group!
A quick release featuring a major upgrade to our in-game chromium based browser. It’s now much more resource efficient!
As always several bugs were fixed and new games are supported.
Howdy Overwolf friends,
I’m happy to announce the next release of Overwolf. The last 3 weeks were very intense since we are dealing with a major increase of users. I will use the opportunity to greet all the staff here, and specially our new recruit, the superman guy, Dr. Ezra Hoch who’ve worked hard to create our very own steam chat widget!
So what do we have for you this time:
1. Steam chat! Use this in-game steam chat widget to stay in touch with your steam fellows while playing games. Though this widget will work better when you are not using the steam client as it wont allow you to connect with the same account twice.
2. The settings window has been redesigned and improved significantly. As so many new features added lately, we had the urge to upgrade the settings logic, so some of the tabs and settings have been reorganized, I hope you’ll find what you’re looking for over there.
3. Video recorder has been improved significantly! It works smoother now and does support playback audio recording for Windows 7, so the era of silent videos is over now!
4. The Gmail widget now points to the new and improved Gmail website.
5. As always, bugs were fixed and new games are supported!
I know that we’ve received lots of requests for other awesome widgets that yet to be developed, we are listening to everyone and here to stay to bring you the best in-game widgets, so stay tuned!
Until the next release,
Helloa Overwolf’s friends,
I’m, happy to announce yet another and quick version release. The facebook widget has been redesigned completely and is now wearing the new cool outfit like the rest of our widgets! As always lots of bug fixes and new games become supported such as Project Blackout. Check our new online supported game list for updates!
Thanks for your warm support and great feedback.
Until the next version – Salut!
I’m very happy to tell you guys that the Clark Kent of software programming, Dr. Ezra Hoch, has joined Overwolf, filling the position of VP of R&D. This means that our Magician (Nir) is now CTO. And with Ezra, Gil and Nir on board – we can probably do stuff for NASA… or even better – keep on bringing the good stuff to games!
Now let me tell you guys… this guy can code. He’s been coding since the age 10 (!), was responsible for complex (top secret) intelligence projects, and even did a PhD in Computer science.
Some interesting facts about this guy:
- Favorite games ever: Star control 2 and Master of Orion.
- He likes to read about the Roman Empire.
- Like my grandma, he likes knitting.
On the more personal level, Ezra is also a good friend of mine and we’ve already worked together on several projects. I’m happy to have him on board, and I wish him the best of luck.
Thanks for reading!
Uri Marchand, CEO at Overwolf.
Exciting news, our beloved gamer scoundrels,
Overwolf’s new version is out there, and we’ve got plenty of shiny new updates for you to behold:
1. Ok, because you’ve completely flooded our mail boxes with unfathomable amounts of nagging requests about the video recordings, we present to you the “Full-Size video”, allowing you to record High-Quality videos, while setting the FPS yourself! Can you stop devastating our mails now?
2. A new and better detailed game list, now sorting between OS, and constantly updated with our latest supported games. So make sure to obsessively look for your favorite game, BLANK!
3. Speaking of games, we’ve read some of your mails (yes, we can read), and we now support some of your most requested games, such as Age of Conan, MapleStory, and more!
4. The incredible Youtube widget! Now you can navigate through your favorite Youtube videos, such as the unholy “Nyan Cat”, with extra ease and without ever leaving your game!
5. Don’t want Overwolf’s dock (the little half circle thingy stuck to the side) to expand while hovering over it? We understand… You can now choose to open Overwolf’s dock with a click instead, and watch the magic in action. (Just configure this in settings > General).
And don’t forget the usual bug fixes and other technobabble that they never fully explain to me.
Rock on guys…. Rock on to the max.