TL;DR not included
Changes on the horizon
This release is a little different than before. When we sat to plan out this release, we decided that this release will be focused all around making Overwolf more stable and run much smoother. So to do that, we’ve been gathering info on the top things that bother people and bugs that have been seen and set out to fix them. Let’s get started!
New Overwolf behaviors:
- Dock in-game behavior - By default the Overwolf dock will no longer auto pop up in your game. We have made this option off by default on all installations. If you have the dock hidden when you launch your game, then it will stay hidden till you bring it up with a hotkey.
- In-game control hotkey - Overwolf will be using a brand new hotkey in place of the old Shift + F1. Welcome to the era of Control + Tab! This isn’t just a new hotkey; it also behaves differently. It will not only give you control over the Overwolf dock and apps, it will also toggle the appearance of the Overwolf dock in your game.
- Video recorder behavior - The opening of the video recorder is now done by clicking on its tab. It will no longer open on mouse-over. No more accidentally clicking the stop button =)
- Window re-sizing - Overwolf windows are now resizable from any corner, not just the bottom right.
- Opening a browser link in a new tab - You can now middle click on a link to open it in a new tab. Ctrl+Click will have the same effect.
- Double clicking the Overwolf tray icon - Will now only open the dock and not the Appstore.
. . .
And now to the fixes! We picked the most pressing issues to focus on:
- Appstore - Some people found that with the new Appstore, they couldn’t download apps due to the dock not talking to the Appstore. We fixed this and now they’re playing much nicer together!
- Appstore - Sometimes our Appstore decided that it needed more memory than it really did. We taught it the meaning of sharing and now it won’t be grabbing more memory than it needs.
- Overwolf apps - Will now remember the last place you had it open and when you open it up again, it will be where you last put it.
- Resolution issues - We fixed some issues with how some of the Overwolf apps were displaying on different resolutions.
- Log files - We made the log files that Overwolf generates require less room on your PC.
Lastly, we’ve upgraded the engine behind our apps platform (CEF) to a newer version. This means that apps will be way more stable and work much smoother.
. . .
With this new update, we’re also adding moar games! You’ll only get access to these games if you’re up to date. Here are the games we’ve added with this new release:
- Grand Theft Auto V
- Mortal Kombat X
- DragonBall XenoVerse
- Ratz Instagib
- World of Warships
- Oddworld: New ‘n’ Tasty
- AdVenture Capitalist
- The Escapists
See you all in game!