TL;DR not included
Greetings beloved gamers!
I don’t think it’s even possible to describe the excitement in Overwolf’s premises about this version. A huge in-house project is going to be launched and hopefully change the world of gaming as we know it. The barriers for developing in-game applications have been breached!
Overwolf’s team has worked extremely hard to introduce the In-game Appstore!
As part of this, we’ve added the “My Apps” area where you can finally not only customize Overwolf dock but also remove useless apps!
So, what else is new?
- As part of the in-game Appstore, we’ve already added 5 new apps which are available to install: Calculator, Notepad, IRC Webapp chat, 8Tracks and Grooveshark. I think their name describes them the best!
- A cool Overwolf watermark is now added to your glorious screenshots. You can change its location or disable it in the settings.
- You can now share screenshots and videos to the VKontakte social network and the Enjin gaming network.
- Enjin chat network is now supported in the Multi-IM app.
- “Check for updates” support, you don’t have to guess anymore when a new update is available, just check it out in the general settings page.
- And sadly, some bad news, the Steam chat had to be removed for now as they’ve suddenly changed their protocol. We’re working hard to get it back ASAP.
- Due to the mass increase in the number of new users, we are receiving tons of support calls and forum posts which help us monitor and fix bugs. So a big kudos for all of you! If you’ve encountered some glitches with Overwolf in the past, please check it out again.
New supported games:
- Cities XL 2012
- Counter-Strike: Global Offensive Beta
- Crusader Kings II
- Max Payne 3
- Railworks 3
- Risen 2
- Smite Beta
Note that you have to restart Overwolf to get it working, and make sure you are running the latest version 0.34.203…
Gil Or, Lead developer at Overwolf.