TL;DR not included
This week’s patch is also a pretty small patch overall. The wolf pack has been focusing on performance and optimization improvements so you can be at the top of your game!
See you on the battlefields!
Longer media in our Game Summary
We’ve heard your requests to make the videos in our Game Summary longer to capture the full essence of your favorite highlights. All your greatest in-game moments are now recorded for much longer!
This new update is currently tested only on Game Summary medias and will be updated to ReplayHUD videos in a later patch.
New supported games
- Conan Exiles
- Mass Effect Andromeda
- H1Z1: King of the Kill
- TEKKEN 7
- Friday the 13th The Game
- Might & Magic Heroes VII
As usual, the wolf pack has also been focusing this week on performance and optimization improvements to meet your gaming needs.
New UI facelift for our appstore!
Check out our new look!
Our appstore is getting a completely revamped user interface! It is now cleaner and a more modern version of the Overwolf appstore we know and love.
- A new support app is now available in your Overwolf dock. This app currently allows you to have easily and quickly access the Overwolf settings and our help center. In the future, gamers will also be able to use this app to contact us for assistance.
- A brand new first user experience is available for new players using Overwolf for the first time.
- Missing thumbnails (aka black thumbnails) in the Game Summary have been fixed!
- Improved the stability in order to avoid app crashes.
- Performance and optimization improvements to meet your gaming needs.
This new Overwolf version mainly focused on our beloved End Game Summary. Here are the newest additions:
- New improved GIFs are now available in the End Game Summary! These new GIFs not only highly improve the overall performance but are also smoother and lighter than the previous ones. Your best moves will now be automatically recorded in a better quality, don’t be afraid to share them with us or with your friends!
- Added Stanza to the End Game Summary. Stanza is the easy way to follow up your favorite’s game upcoming events.
This update also introduces the regular minor bug fixes and performance enhancements.
Rock on! We can’t wait to see your best moves and moments recorded with our new GIFcam.
It’s a pretty small patch overall. The wolf pack has been focusing this week on performance and optimization improvements to meet your gaming needs.
Rock on and see you on the battlefields!
- CS:GO real-time events - App developers, this one is for you. Our Game Events Provider now supports new real-time events for CS:GO:
- Map name
- Game mode
- Bomb defused / exploded (today we have only “planted”)
- Match end (today we have only match start)
We expect you guys to deliver some new kick ass apps with this, don’t let us down.
- Browser -We’ve tweaked our browser, fixing and making it a dapper browser. We’ve also continued working on our infrastructure to make it faster in more stable.
There were some, and they were Crushed! Hurray QA!
In the next weeks we hope to bring you some much anticipated Overwatch news, so stay tuned!
Great news for all you tankers out there, this version is packed with features especially for you:
- Game Summary – Get the most out of your WoT sessions
Some of you may have already met this feature when it was in closed Beta, but it is now open for all WoT players.Overwolf Game Summary now supports World of Tanks: GIF highlights of game events, APM tracking, usage vs. community and more.
- Replay HUD – In-game instant replays for WoT
Replay HUD now supports World of Tanks – video capturing on kill, one shot kill and death, are now available for immediate replay with ReplayHUD installed.
If you are an app developer, Game Events Provider now supports WoT events (Game mode, Kill, One-shot Kill, Death, Damage, Assisted kill). You can now use our API to build WOT applications based on those game events.
Have an idea or a question? Talk to us!
We’ve listened to your feedback, and have set out to seek and destroy a bulk of pesky bugs. It’s still a few months until spring, but that doesn’t mean that we are hibernating: stay tuned for a big update on Overwatch, and many more goodies. via GIPHY cheers, Ililush
Good morning wolflings,
This version is all about improving the Overwolf experience and applying some much needed bugs fixes.
We’re not calling you fat, we’re just saying you have a whole lot of pixels
For all of you high resolutioners, Maximize window mode now supports screens above full HD resolution, so we can Maximize Overwolf windows to fit your whole screen.
More on the way:
Game summary bonanza! Overwatch, World of tanks and Hearthstone gamers, look up! We have Game Summary coming your way, with recaps, highlights, and APM data.
See you on the other side of this version,
Happy 2017 everyone,
News from the performance front – our brave R&D team have upgraded our CEF version (Chromium Embedded Framework – the engine behind our platform), and that means across the board performance improvement. In short, our security is now tighter, our browser is faster, and our stability enhanced. R&D team, you rock.
We’ve also updated our browser and it’s now bookmarking and shooting shortcuts like crazy!
Here are the new shortcuts we’ve added for your in-game pleasure:
- Reload page – Ctrl + R
- Show/hide bookmarks bar – Ctrl + Shift + B
- Bookmark this page – Ctrl + D
- Redo text edit within an input textbox – Ctrl + Shift + Z
In the settings drop down menu:
- Show bookmarks bar – Ctrl + Shift + B
- Bookmark this page – Ctrl + D
That’s it for today folks. For any questions, feedback, issues or general holiday rant – we’re here for you, just drop us a comment below.
Live long and prosper