TL;DR not included
New Overwatch support is here! This version brings big updates to Overwatch players. Here’s what it includes:
- ReplayHUD support for Overwatch - This means you can now easily use ReplayHUD to recap your latest moves while in game, as well as watch your video highlights in the Game Summary.
- Game Summary for Overwatch – It’s finally here!
- Revisit your session highlights (Kills, Assists, Deaths) with auto-captured GIFs or videos.
- Track your performance and playtime. Find out how you rank compared to the community.
- Overwatch game events in Overwolf API - If you are a developer and want to start building your own Overwatch app, our API now supports real-time Overwatch events such as Kills, Multi-Kills, Killing Streaks and more. Visit our developers website for more info.
- Co-existence with other overlay programs - It’s no secret that many overlay programs don’t play nicely when they’re being used together. However, in our continuous effort to make the gaming world better, we’ve made significant work to improve the in-game experience when running with overlay programs like:
- MSI Afterburner
- Opacity slider – Following your (loud and clear) feedback, we restored the beloved opacity slider for the Overwolf Browser. We also relocated the opacity slider for all apps that support it. It is now available through the title bar at the top of the app.
- Game summary – Working hard on supporting Tom Clancy’s Rainbow Six Siege.
- Overwolf skins – Expect to see the much awaited support for skinning Overwolf Windows.
- Appstore – An exciting design update to the Appstore is on the way.
Stay awesome! Ililush
- CS:GO real-time events - App developers, this one is for you. Our Game Events Provider now supports new real-time events for CS:GO:
- Map name
- Game mode
- Bomb defused / exploded (today we have only “planted”)
- Match end (today we have only match start)
We expect you guys to deliver some new kick ass apps with this, don’t let us down.
- Browser -We’ve tweaked our browser, fixing and making it a dapper browser. We’ve also continued working on our infrastructure to make it faster in more stable.
There were some, and they were Crushed! Hurray QA!
In the next weeks we hope to bring you some much anticipated Overwatch news, so stay tuned!
Great news for all you tankers out there, this version is packed with features especially for you:
- Game Summary – Get the most out of your WoT sessions
Some of you may have already met this feature when it was in closed Beta, but it is now open for all WoT players.Overwolf Game Summary now supports World of Tanks: GIF highlights of game events, APM tracking, usage vs. community and more.
- Replay HUD – In-game instant replays for WoT
Replay HUD now supports World of Tanks – video capturing on kill, one shot kill and death, are now available for immediate replay with ReplayHUD installed.
If you are an app developer, Game Events Provider now supports WoT events (Game mode, Kill, One-shot Kill, Death, Damage, Assisted kill). You can now use our API to build WOT applications based on those game events.
Have an idea or a question? Talk to us!
We’ve listened to your feedback, and have set out to seek and destroy a bulk of pesky bugs. It’s still a few months until spring, but that doesn’t mean that we are hibernating: stay tuned for a big update on Overwatch, and many more goodies. via GIPHY cheers, Ililush
Good morning wolflings,
This version is all about improving the Overwolf experience and applying some much needed bugs fixes.
We’re not calling you fat, we’re just saying you have a whole lot of pixels
For all of you high resolutioners, Maximize window mode now supports screens above full HD resolution, so we can Maximize Overwolf windows to fit your whole screen.
More on the way:
Game summary bonanza! Overwatch, World of tanks and Hearthstone gamers, look up! We have Game Summary coming your way, with recaps, highlights, and APM data.
See you on the other side of this version,
Happy 2017 everyone,
News from the performance front – our brave R&D team have upgraded our CEF version (Chromium Embedded Framework – the engine behind our platform), and that means across the board performance improvement. In short, our security is now tighter, our browser is faster, and our stability enhanced. R&D team, you rock.
We’ve also updated our browser and it’s now bookmarking and shooting shortcuts like crazy!
Here are the new shortcuts we’ve added for your in-game pleasure:
- Reload page – Ctrl + R
- Show/hide bookmarks bar – Ctrl + Shift + B
- Bookmark this page – Ctrl + D
- Redo text edit within an input textbox – Ctrl + Shift + Z
In the settings drop down menu:
- Show bookmarks bar – Ctrl + Shift + B
- Bookmark this page – Ctrl + D
That’s it for today folks. For any questions, feedback, issues or general holiday rant – we’re here for you, just drop us a comment below.
Live long and prosper