TL;DR not included
It is a top priority for us to be compliant with any game’s terms of service (“ToS”) and to not be intrusive. With that in mind, we are working closely with game publishers to ensure that every app we publish is aligned with their ToS and their 3rd party policies.
Our apps are overlays giving you more information about the game to help you create your own strategy. They do nothing more than a second monitor would do for you. It’s like having Notepad or Fraps open while you play — Overwolf doesn’t interact with any game, and is not bannable.
Overwolf is trusted by pros like Cloud9, Team Liquid and Logitech Gaming. We have 1.5 millions active users monthly who trust our platform.
Make sure that you are using an Overwolf app by downloading it directly from our appstore available at http://store.overwolf.com/apps/
TL;DR: Using Overwolf will not get you banned.
1. RIOT GAME’S STANCE:
2. VALVE’S STANCE:
3. BLIZZARD’S STANCE:
Sharpen your daggers and get ready for the upcoming ‘Hunt of the Blood Moon’ League of Legends game mode! Record your best Play of the Game with our #ReplayHUD app and share it with us to get a chance to win one of the brand-new Blood Moon skin of your choice*! (*Diana, Jhin, Talon or Twisted Fate — you must own the hero already.)
- The “Blood Moon Skin Giveaway” is run by Overwolf and will take place from February 9, 2017 to February 14, 2017.
- The videos have to be recorded using Replay HUD. The recorded videos by Replay HUD are available in your video folder: \Videos\Overwolf\Replay HUD
- The videos have to be posted on the Overwolf Facebook page or on Twitter using the #ReplayHUD hashtag to qualify.
- Participants must “like” the Overwolf page to qualify.
- Participants must play in either NA (North America), EUW (Europe West) or EUNE (Europe North-East) League of Legends servers to be eligible.
- Participating and entering in this promotion is considered a complete release of Facebook by each participant. It is also an acknowledgment that the promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed, administrated by or associated with Facebook or Twitter.
- Winners agree to be publicly named on the Overwolf Facebook page.
- By entering, all eligible participants agree to abide by each and all these terms and conditions.
All eligible entries received during the Submission Period will be gathered into a database at the end of the Submission Period. 3 winners will be chosen. The winners will be announced on or about February 17th. Announcement and instructions to receive the prize will be sent to the winners via private messages.
Great news for all you tankers out there, this version is packed with features especially for you:
- Game Summary – Get the most out of your WoT sessions
Some of you may have already met this feature when it was in closed Beta, but it is now open for all WoT players.Overwolf Game Summary now supports World of Tanks: GIF highlights of game events, APM tracking, usage vs. community and more.
- Replay HUD – In-game instant replays for WoT
Replay HUD now supports World of Tanks – video capturing on kill, one shot kill and death, are now available for immediate replay with ReplayHUD installed.
If you are an app developer, Game Events Provider now supports WoT events (Game mode, Kill, One-shot Kill, Death, Damage, Assisted kill). You can now use our API to build WOT applications based on those game events.
Have an idea or a question? Talk to us!
We’ve listened to your feedback, and have set out to seek and destroy a bulk of pesky bugs. It’s still a few months until spring, but that doesn’t mean that we are hibernating: stay tuned for a big update on Overwatch, and many more goodies. via GIPHY cheers, Ililush
Good morning wolflings,
This version is all about improving the Overwolf experience and applying some much needed bugs fixes.
We’re not calling you fat, we’re just saying you have a whole lot of pixels
For all of you high resolutioners, Maximize window mode now supports screens above full HD resolution, so we can Maximize Overwolf windows to fit your whole screen.
More on the way:
Game summary bonanza! Overwatch, World of tanks and Hearthstone gamers, look up! We have Game Summary coming your way, with recaps, highlights, and APM data.
See you on the other side of this version,
Happy 2017 everyone,
News from the performance front – our brave R&D team have upgraded our CEF version (Chromium Embedded Framework – the engine behind our platform), and that means across the board performance improvement. In short, our security is now tighter, our browser is faster, and our stability enhanced. R&D team, you rock.
We’ve also updated our browser and it’s now bookmarking and shooting shortcuts like crazy!
Here are the new shortcuts we’ve added for your in-game pleasure:
- Reload page – Ctrl + R
- Show/hide bookmarks bar – Ctrl + Shift + B
- Bookmark this page – Ctrl + D
- Redo text edit within an input textbox – Ctrl + Shift + Z
In the settings drop down menu:
- Show bookmarks bar – Ctrl + Shift + B
- Bookmark this page – Ctrl + D
That’s it for today folks. For any questions, feedback, issues or general holiday rant – we’re here for you, just drop us a comment below.
Live long and prosper
What’s up wolves?
Here we are with another AWESOME update, so… What have we got for you this time?
- Complete Rocket League Integration (!!!) - Overwolf can now utilize all game events and now offers support in the game summary, you can watch your video replays from every goal and assist. (while Replay Hud is installed)
- Other Bookmarks are now added into the browser’s taskbar, so you can now access even more bookmarks to your favorite websites with greater ease.
- We have improved video playback in all videos in the browser and Game Summary.
We have also made other bug fixes and performance improvements.
Thanks for stopping by and stay tuned for more.
Here’s a few improvements and fixes we have made.
End Game Summary
- Will now startup even faster after the end of a game session.
- We’ve also improved the Game Summary’s (GS) performance and it will now work even faster.
- Added the ability to stretch and form the GS window to any size you like.
We have also fixed issues with Tobii Eye Tracker when using it conjunction with the end game summary.
Thanks for reading folks!
Just stopping by to report on the new changes and fixes made in the 99.2 update.
Web Browser Improvements – We’ve added even more performance enhancements with the web browser as well as some aesthetic changes.
Ult Icon Removal – Since ult replay’s has been removed we have now removed the icon from the filtering area.
App Store improvements – We have improved the App Store animations when clicking on the app tabs as well as boosting its performance.
GIF Replay Performance fix – Changes have been made to gif replay system, it will not run if Replay HUD is installed.
Overwolf Brazil – Overwolf has now launched its new Brazilian website, all people accessing Overwolf from Brazil will now automatically be redirected to this new site.
Manual Update Window – If users choose to update Overwolf manually they will now be greeted with a new update utility window.
Dock button context menu – More Dock options are available when right clicking on an icon, this is to allow for a more customizable dock.
Did you watch all the goings’ons at Blizzcon 2016?
We sure have, and now after watching all of the new updates and announcements made, you may be wanting to play some awesome Blizzard games.
But it’s dangerous to go alone…. Take these apps with you!
HearthArena – bringing you the crazy helpful HearthArena website right in game! Enrich your Arena experience without the downside of having to do ANY typing Get advice from HearthArena’s groundbreaking algorithm and start tracking your arena runs and decks automatically.
DeckMate – Deckmate is your personal assistant in the world of hearthstone, it will aid you in tracking both you and your opponents deck, and keep you on top of your game.
WoW Character Info – Get every character’s information and stats instantly with WoW Character info, simply press Ctrl+F in-game, you can search for a character, see it’s gear, raid progress as well as PVP accomplishments, you can search any character you come across in-game or out by filling in their name, region and realm.
WoWHead Search – Tired of alt tabbing to search for that epic mount or for every piece of armor? Well WoWHead search is the app for you. Now you can visit WoWHead while never leaving the game.
WoW Talent Calculator – You know how your friends ask you about your talent spec and which glyphs you prefer, and when you name the abilities they should be using. – They look at you puzzled… Well now you don’t have to keep losing your hair! Just slap your spec and glyphs into the calculator and send them a link! All without having to even put your drink down.
Spawning Tool Build Adviser - Your new and most loyal Starcraft 2 build companion, all you need to do is pick a build from the most versatile build orders list offered that fits your play style, your build orders will then appear on your screen and will keep you informed of what you should build next.
Cooldown timers - will come to your aid and show you how long you have left before you can use your skills again.
Talent Stats – Check out in-game up-to-date talent statistics for every hero, sorted by popularity or win rate, see the most used and popular builds to improve your game! Browse community builds and save them for easier access, or simply create your own builds.